Thursday, June 28, 2007

6/27/07 Roxbury, WI




We made it!

After leaving the town park in Wauzeka we put in a good strong day of pedaling, coving 78 miles (more than I thought) before arriving at my brother's house at about 4:30 pm. The riding was beautiful as we covered level ground along the Wisconsin River. The Wisconsin River has an almost unbroken wildlife corridor consisting of lush wetlands and prairie/forests. We appreciated the efforts of the Wisconsin Dept of Natural Resources as all of the creatures who live there do too!

During most of the day we rode hard because we knew where we wanted to be. After lunch we rode even faster and, I'm sure, made record time getting here. I gave Bob a call when we crossed the river and headed out of Sauk City for his farm and we were delighted at our welcome party as we chugged up the steep gravel driveway for the final few yards of a long ride.
I am happy.


Ted on being finished:
Well, we're done. finished, and we're going to mail the bikes back home to ABQ. I wish we could ride back home, but unfortunately no such luck. With our schedules, and all that jazz, it just couldn't work. But I'm also happy to be finished, it's nice to have a bed, and warm water, and not have to pack up evrey morning. It's nice not to have to worry about where I'm gonna sleep tonight, it's nice to have a place to take off my contacts, it's nice to have a warm shower evrey night. I am very happy to be here.

Mileage today: 78 miles
Total mileage for the trip: 1571 miles

1 comment:

Shalali said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am amazed. Enjoy your rest.